- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, AND IN NO EVENT WILL PURCHASE OR PAYMENT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING THIS SKILLS-BASED COMPETITION.
- DESCRIPTION OF EVENT: The Festival of Urgent Reinventions (the “Competition”) is a skills-based competition where eligible entrants (the “Entrants”) will be invited to compete for prizes by submitting their solution-based ideas (in each case including any materials submitted therewith, an “Entry”) in response to a call to action described in those certain problem briefs entitled BRIEFS, which will be available at https://thefour.live/briefs (the “Problem Brief”). The Competition will consist of an Entry submission phase (beginning on February 4, 2021 at 8:45 AM PST and ending on February 5, 2021 at 11:45 PM EST (the “Competition Period”)), and a two-part judging phase (beginning on February 6, 2021 and ending on or about February 10, 2021). The Competition is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. These Official Rules are final and binding, notwithstanding any other prior information or notices that have been posted to the Website with respect to the Competition.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to individuals 13 years of age and older as of February 4, 2021, except for employees of The GREAT Foundation (“Sponsor”), the creative agency Instrument (“Administrator”), each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies (collectively the “Competition Parties”), and the Network and Second Round Judges (each as defined herein) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies, and members of each of the foregoing’s immediate family or persons living in the same household. All Entrants between the ages of 13 and 18 must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to enter this Competition. Sponsor reserves the right to verify an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Competition. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Competition Period, visit thefour.live (the “Website”) for the Festival of Urgent Reinventions and follow the on-screen entry instructions. Fill in all required information for registration (to the extent you are not already registered for the Competition) and entry, as further described at https://thefour.live/judging-policy, which is incorporated herein by reference. You may enter only once with respect to each Problem Brief (i.e., there is a maximum of one Entry per Entrant per Problem Brief), either as an individual or as part of a group (a “Team”) of up to eight (8) Team members. You hereby represent and warrant that you are entering, whether individually or as part of a Team, on behalf of yourself, and not on behalf of an entity, organization, institution or other third party. You may not enter more times than indicated, including by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. Entries not submitted in accordance with the instructions provided on the Website and these Official Rules may be disqualified, at the sole discretion of the Competition Parties.
- If entering as a Team, all Team members must meet the eligibility requirements of the Competition. Each Team should choose a Team leader, who will register the Team on the Website.
- During such registration process, you or your Team may designate in your Entry one U.S. organization that is recognized as an exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (as amended from time to time) and classified as a U.S. public charity, with which you or your Team members is involved (the “Community Organization”). Such Community Organization will, subject to the terms of Section 9 (PRIZES) below, be eligible to receive a Community Grant Prize (as defined below) in the event that you or your Team win an Entrant Prize in accordance with these Official Rules. Please include contact information for such Community Organization in your Entry.
- Upon completion of registration (as an individual or as a Team), you or your Team leader (if a Team) can begin working on your Entry during the Competition Period. The Entry must follow the technical, creative, and legal entry requirements set out in these Official Rules and the Website (which are incorporated herein by reference). You or your Team leader will be required to complete all relevant sections of the Website.
- You, or your Team leader (if a Team), may submit your or your Team’s Entry any time during the Competition Period. Entries will not be automatically entered. You or your Team leader will need to press “Submit” for such Entry to be considered entered into the Competition.
- The parent or legal guardian of an Entrant under the age of 18: (a) will ensure that the Entrant will comply with these Official Rules; and (b) agrees to these Official Rules on behalf of him or herself and ratifies the Entrant’s acceptance of these Official Rules. An Entrant’s parent or legal guardian hereby agrees to indemnify the Released Parties (as defined below) for and against: (a) any claims made by you or your family against the Released Parties in connection with the Competition; and (b) any losses (including any liability) caused by any of your conduct which is inconsistent with these Official Rules.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By participating in the Competition (including by using the Website), you:
- represent and warrant that the Entry is your (or your Team’s) original work, and does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person and does not violate any law;
- represent and warrant that you have obtained all of the rights, licenses, and permissions in writing from any person (or that person’s parent or legal guardian if that person is under the age of 18) who may have helped or participated in the creation of the Entry, and that you have rights in your Entry sufficient to allow your submission of such Entry, as well as the power and authority necessary to authorize us to disclose such Entry in accordance with these Official Rules;
- represent and warrant that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and the requirements of the Website;
- represent and warrant that your Entry will not disparage the Competition Parties and/or any other person or entity;
- represent and warrant that your Entry will not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory or otherwise objectionable, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion;
- represent and warrant that your Entry will not contain material that violates the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where the Entry is created;
- acknowledge and agree that the Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties; and
- acknowledge and agree that the Competition Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry to the Website.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, or to refuse to post on the Website the Entry of, any Entrant in its sole discretion, including those it determines have violated the spirit of the Competition or breached a representation or warranty or term of these Official Rules at any time during the Competition.
- JUDGING: Once submitted, your Entry will first be reviewed by a panel of judges from the Sponsor and the Administrator (the “First Round Judges”), based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): https://thefour.live/judging-policy. Based on the scores given in such first round, ten (10) Entries from each of the four Problem Brief categories will move on to the next round of judging. Judges for such second round shall include experts in the field (as further detailed at https://thefour.live/judging-policy associated with the applicable Problem Brief (the “Second Round Judges” and, together with the First Round Judges, the “Judges”), who will similarly evaluate the remaining Entries with respect to their assigned Problem Brief based on the Judging Criteria. By entering the Competition, Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Competition. The Judges may decide, at their sole discretion, to disqualify Entrants who do not follow the Official Rules and other terms appearing on the Website. With respect to each Problem Brief, the top scoring Entry will be declared a winner (each, a “Winner”). In event of a tie, Winners will be determined based on the Judges’ discretion. Further, the Judges may choose a portion of Entries with respect to each Problem Brief that will receive an honorable mention on the Website (each, an “Honorable Mention Entry”).
- GRANT OF RIGHTS; ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ENTRANT: You will retain ownership to your Entry. However, by entering the Competition, and to the extent allowed by law, you personally grant the Competition Parties and their respective affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, developers, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees (collectively, the “Licensed Parties”), a perpetual (or for the maximum extent permitted by law), worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully-paid, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers of sublicensees), assignable, and transferable license to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, reproduce, encode, store, modify, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), your (or your Team’s) Entry, name, address, image, voice, likeness, statements, background and biographical material including, but not limited to, all materials submitted in connection with the Competition or in support of your Entry (which materials should be submitted in compliance with the Website and the terms of https://thefour.live/judging-policy, and should not include any proprietary information (such as computer code) that the Entrant or Team does not desire to have in the public domain through being posted on the Website), as well as any additional photographic images, video images, portraits, documents, interviews or other materials arising out of your participation in this Competition (with or without using your name) in any and all media, in any language, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation to Entrant or any third party. Further, by submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may obtain many submissions in connection with this Competition and that such Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted in connection with this Competition and/or other competitions sponsored by the Sponsor, and waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Sponsor (or its respective designees) or chosen as a Winner of the Competition may be similar to your Entry. You also acknowledge and agree you will not be entitled to any Prize in connection with a similar Entry that is selected as a Winner. Finally, you acknowledge and agree that the Competition Parties do not have now, nor shall any of them have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any intellectual property rights in and to your (or your Team’s) Entry.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering the Competition, Entrants waive all right to, and release and hold harmless the Competition Parties and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies (collectively with the Network Members and the Judges, the “Released Parties”) from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), injury, cost or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Competition (including the downloading of any materials from the Website), these Official Rules or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Entry (including in the event an Entry is developed into future technology or product) or Prize (as defined herein). Competition Parties will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, incorrect or damaged entries; an Entrant’s failure to receive Prize notices due to Entrant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Entrants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Competition; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Competition; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Competition, or announcement of the Prizes. If, in the Competition Parties’ opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the Competition, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the Competition, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Administrator, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify this Competition in a manner deemed appropriate by the Administrator. Further, the Competition Parties may cancel, modify, or suspend the Competition (or a portion thereof) due to a force majeure event or any other event beyond the Competition Parties’ reasonable control, or any other fact or circumstance that prevents or interferes with the Competition or the ability of the Competition Parties to run the Competition as planned or intended, in each case as determined in the Competition Parties’ discretion. In the event of termination, the Competition Parties may in their discretion still decide to select Winners from among all eligible Entries received as of date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning Entrant, Entries will be declared made by the name on the online entry form. Please note that any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operations of the Competition is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by the law and to disqualify (including permanently disqualify) such Entrant from the Competition. The Entrants hereby agree that the Network Members and the Judges are intended to be, and shall have the rights of, a third party beneficiary of the release under this Section 8.
- PRIZES: Each of the Winners will each be awarded a check in the amount of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) (each, an “Entrant Prize”) and have their ideas featured on the Website. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event one or more Winners is a Team, such Team will be awarded $10,000 total. Each Winner will also be granted, but not required to accept, a networking opportunity through an introduction (in a method to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) by the Sponsor to those organizations and Second Round Judges that make up the Sponsor’s network of innovators (collectively, the “Network” and each, a “Network Member”) following the completion of the Competition; provided that in no event shall any Winner or Network Member be required to partner or otherwise collaborate with one another as a condition to receipt of the Prize. Finally, in the event that any Winner has designated a particular Community Organization in its Entry, upon the awarding of the Prize to a Winner, the Sponsor shall also award a grant in the amount of five thousand dollars ($5,000) to such Community Organization (each, a “Community Grant Prize” and, collectively with the Entrant Prize, the “Prizes”). Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the Community Organization for the Community Grant Prize (including that it is in good standing as a public charity), and to refuse to award such prize in the event it determines in its sole discretion that such Community Organization is not eligible.
- Each Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes as well as any costs and expenses incurred by the Winner, as a result of Entrant Prize acceptance. Winners and Community Organizations awarded a Prize will be notified first by email and, if required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall sign and return any one or more documents or instruments affirming that they have met all eligibility requirements and that they release the Competition Parties from all claims related to or arising from the Competition, in such forms as Sponsor determine in our discretion, in each case within fifteen (15) days of the date notice is sent or such other date set by Sponsor. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of Prize and Sponsor and the Judges shall have the option to award the Prize to an alternate Winner or Community Organization. The return of any Prize notification or Prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate Winner or Community Organization may be selected.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Competition and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction). Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, this Competition and these Official Rules shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of New York, in each case located in the City of New York and County of New York, although we retain the right to bring any suit, action, or proceeding against you for breach of this Competition and these Official Rules in your jurisdiction of residence or any other relevant jurisdiction. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts set forth above and waive any jurisdictional, improper venue, inconvenient forum, or other objections to such jurisdiction and venue. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, it may require you to submit any disputes arising from these this Competition and these Official Rules to final and binding arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association applying New York law. Each Entrant that is an individual in, resident of or a citizen of a non-U.S. jurisdiction is advised to confirm that his or her participation in the Competition under these rules is consistent with the laws of such jurisdiction. Each Entrant represents and warrants that (i) they are not located in a country that is subject to the United States government embargo, or that has been designated by the United States government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and (ii) they are not listed on any United States government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
The GREAT Foundation
7 Times Square
NY, NY 10036-6516